Monday, August 16, 2010

Bohemian Garden Party

It all started with this page from an Instyle magazine in 2004 (yes, I have saved it all these years):


It's from Natasha Gregson Wagner's bohemian themed wedding.  She's an actress. What has she been in lately? Is she still married?  I don't know, neither do I care.  Her wedding was GORGEOUS.  French food, (cheese and crepes), a vintage feel lavender cake, and red velvet couches set out on. the. lawn.  Sigh.

Lately I've been thinking more and more about this beautiful boho event, the more I want a bohemian garden party of my own.  I've put together an inspiration board to help me plan it all out:


You'll probably have to click on the pic above to get the full feel.  I went a bit more exotic and colorful - I love the lavender color palette but I wanted something a bit more bold and jewel-toned, more lanterns than chandeliers.  It's a bit eclectic, a little vintage, a little homey, and lots of color and textures mixed together.  Bohemian can mean SO many styles these days, but this is my version.  I'd still love to do a more "french vintage" type of boho party, but this is what I was feeling at the moment.  I can't wait to see the real thing... hopefully soon!

What do you think? Would you want to join us at this outdoor living room?    

Sources:
Lanterns (cannot find for the life of me!  If it's your photo, please let me know!)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! This is what cool looks like. I am actually planning a wedding in one of the best Chicago event venues and this is something that I’ll be taking inspiration from. I have just begun, and I think I’ll be able to pull off a great wedding. Really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete